Project: AWARD – Agricultural Waste valorization for a competitive and sustainable Regional Development
A project aiming at the recognition of the potential for economic development of a proper management and use of agricultural plastic waste.
- Survey about the production and flows of agricultural plastic waste (APW) by local farmers
- Elaboration of a Web GIS for the optimization of APW flows
- Establishment of new local agreements, technical solutions and regional strategic plans to optimize the management cycle of agriculture plastic waste
- Testing of the new system for the collection of agricultural plastic waste in a temporary new station created on purpose
- Increase of the knowledge of local farmers, technicians and local authorities of the regions involved through specific communication and training events
- Promotion of business creation through the production of a model of business plan for the establishment of new companies in the field of management of agricultural plastic waste.
- Definition of an optimal model for the process of collection and processing of agricultural plastic waste
- Spreading of knowledge and awareness about the topic of re-use of plastic waste in local farmers, technicians and stakeholders
- Promotion of new business in the collection and recycling of agricultural plastics.
EUROPEAN TERRITORIAL COOPERATION PROGRAMME GREECE – ITALY 2007 – 2013, 3RD CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Approved budget: 1.803.272,40 €
Project life: 1st October 2013 – 31st December 2015