International mobility and study tours
By 2020 the number of jobs employing people with low (or no) formal qualifications is expected to decline rapidly. Jobs for medium and highly skilled people will rise by around 4 and 16 million respectively by 2020.
If we do nothing, the gap between the supply and the demand for skills will widen. How can we bridge this “skills gap”? One key to the puzzle is making sure that workplace experience becomes an integral part of education and training, both for vocational learners and for higher education students.
Work placements, traineeships, internships – call them what you will, this type of “work based learning” is the bridge between theory and practice, developing both the soft skills and the specific professional skills which are crucial for a successful first step into the labour market.
(Xavier Prats Monné, We Mean Business Launch Speech)
IFOA activity is characterized by international experiences both at European and International level. Looking at the ESF 2014-2020 planning and the Erasmus+ programme, IFOA is offering new opportunities to open international possibilities for students, trainees, apprentices, entrepreneurs, companies and all people interested in gaining experiences in new contexts throughout Europe.
IFOA Mobility projects are focused on learning mobility exchanges and quality workplace trainings.
For over 20 years IFOA has built a wide and strong international network and experience in managing EU mobility projects (Lifelong Learning Programme, Leonardo da Vinci, Erasmus + KA1 ecc), and it can be a reliable and experienced Partner for Intermediary Organizations, Universities or Vocational Training Institutions searching for hosting partners in Italy.
Internships in Italy
IFOA offers also highly professional paid internships in Italy, addressed to EU and non-EU citizens.
This is an individual privately-run program, completely tailor-made according to the requests of the candidates and designed to offer a valuable internship experience in an Italian company, mainly in specific chosen sectors and a full-immersion period in the Italian culture.
Starting dates are possible all around the year.
Ideal candidates are EU or non EU citizens, with an age between 18 and 30, preferably with a Degree (Bachelor or Master Degree), a basic knowledge of Italian (Level A1 European Framework) and a good knowledge of English, with high motivation and interest for the Italian Culture.
Highly motivated candidates with lower Education titles (ie. University Students with a High School Diploma) can also apply.
According to the Italian Internship regulations, these internships (not linked to the University study programs of the candidate) in Italy are paid with a monthly stipend (around 500 Euros a month), therefore only highly motivated and skilled candidates have a change to be accepted.
Study tours in Italy
IFOA promotes tailor-made Study tours in Italy in different economic and industrial sectors, thought for Managers, Entrepreneurs and foreign Companies or Institutions interested in the Italian Excellences.
Our added value is part of our mission: “IFOA is a bridge between people and enterprises”. IFOA is a recognised training institution that supports enterprises and organizations in their internationalisation processes.
Through the Study tours organised by IFOA, in collaboration with our more than 29.000 client enterprises and our national/regional networks, the participants will have the opportunity to understand more deeply the Italian economic and social-cultural background, as well as to develop B2B and foreign trade relations with local private and public actors.
Located in the heart of Emilia Romagna Region, very well known all over the world for the Motor, Food, Wellness and Fashion Valley, IFOA can organize tailor-made study tours based on the clients’ needs, in the most important economic sectors of the Italian Economy, such as:
- Education and Vocational Training
- Mechanics and Mechatronics
- Fashion and design
- Ceramic Tiles
- Food, Wine and Agro- Industry
- Wellness and Tourism
- … and in a lot of others
IFOA Study tours are generally organized as follows:
- Introductory theoretical sessions
- Meetings with representatives of Companies/institutions/Universities/Research centers etc according to the participants’ objectives
- Some sightseeing and leisure time
The Study tours can be funded through Erasmus +funds (KA1 Staff Mobility), Public or Private funds.
Examples of study tours organised by ifoa over the years
- Management training, study visits, internships workshops and seminars for 90 managers coming from Russian Federation, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Azerbaijan and Belarus in Italian companies coming from different economic sectors. Destination: all over Italy.
- Study visits and internships in European enterprises for 55 Chinese managers. The aim was to meet the demand for EU-China cooperation by improving the management and intercultural exchange capacity of key players in the private and non-profit sectors. Destination: Turin.
- Study Visits for 39 representatives of Turkish Public Institutions (such as Ministry of Education, Universities etc) in Italian Public Authorities and Higher Education Institutions. Destination: Rome, Bologna, Turin.
- Study Visit in Italy for Deans and Lecturers of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Topic “Contemporary forms of interaction between higher education institutions and the real sector of the economy”. Destination: HE institutions in Rome, Bologna, Modena, Milan, Venice, Como.
- Study Visit in Italy for 12 Russian Lecturers of Medicine University in hospital bodies of Emilia Romagna and Lombardy Regions.